Vitesse Sport Performance will be holding a practice clinic on the road this weekend for any rider interested in learning cycling technique and running through training exercises at both low and high speeds. The goal is to bring varying ability levels together for practice before the racing season begins. The clinic will review important technique, safety, and group riding protocols, and then simulate examples in mock races.
This is an excellent way for new or less experienced riders to see what riding in a group feels like, pick up tips and information, and practice skills with others. The more experienced riders will have an opportunity for harder training as the groups split into practice drills in the second half, plus brush up on tactics and sprinting. The clinic is strongly recommended for riders who have never raced and plan to start this season.
Time and Location:
Sunday 2/23 at 12:00pm
99 Great Valley Pkwy
Malvern, PA 19355
(Parking lot in Northwest corner of oval)
Michael Chauner & Brandon Haines
- Held on a 1 mile oval circuit on public roadway (Great Valley Corporate Center), with 4 gradual turns and two small uphill stretches.
- Coaches will be starting a low speed warm up double pace line between 11am and 11:30am. Warm up will continue until noon.
- At 12pm the group will congregate in the parking lot before starting.
- All skill levels are welcome, and the groups will separate during the practice as outlined in the itinerary below.
Program itinerary, 12:00pm – 2:00pm:
- Basic 2x2 riding (full group)
- Low speed pace line (full group)
- Sprint technique (small groups)
- High speed pace line with sprint (20 laps, starting as a group)
- Sprint practice (4x3 laps with sprint/regroup)
- $50 entry. Pay and sign up online here: Vitesse Online — Click on Road Clinic 2/23
- $25 or one Computrainer class credit for Equipe Vitesse team members.